I've been spending a lot of time filling out forms to aid in my ministry transition (health care, 403b, unemployment insurance). They refer to "qualifying events" that allow me to make changes or receive benefits. Basically, they need to make sure I really did get laid off.
Interesting. My girlfriend Joy spent the last five years training for the upcoming Olympics in Beijing. Her entire life revolved around her training schedule and the aptly named trials. Though she's an amazing athlete with great discipline (check out this video of her rigorous training schedule), unfortunately, Joy didn't make it this time.
Getting laid off sucks. But as much as I wish I didn't experience passing the test of a "qualifying event," I wish that she had even more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dang man she's good, Oh is that a sparkly ring I see on her finger? Oh wait, it was just some fizz from the beer.
Lukie Dukie
Interesting to know.
Post a Comment